Our Partner universities

Ecole Supérieure de Commerce et Développement 3A, Lyon, France


Studying in Lyon!
The first thing you think of when thinking of France is Paris. However, there is no need for Lyon to hide. The metropole is fighting with Marseille over the title of the second largest city in France and has not only modern aspects of a big city, but also offers a well-preserved old town, beautiful churches and not only thanks to the good weather almost Mediterranean flair.

The university was founded in 1984 in the west of the city and has developed a good reputation ever since. With only 850 students, it is a small and manageable university.

The René Cassin campus in Lyon is located just 10 minutes from the city centre and offers a wide range of facilities to make student life enjoyable. This includes:

  • Free Wi-Fi zones throughout the building
  • A media library
  • A cafeteria
  • 130 modern classrooms
  • Group workspaces
  • And much more





Academic Year

Autumn semester: mid-September - mid-December
Spring semester: mid-January - mid-May/end of May or mid-February - early May

suitable for:

International Business Management B.A.

Language of education:



Attendance; final examination


Here you can find the course list for the academic year 2018-2019.


Application Deadline:

Deadlines for submitting application documents to the International Office:

15/01 for the winter semester

31/05 for the summer semester

Please note that the deadlines vary between partner universities - it may take a while before you hear from the partner university.


  • Application for an ERASMUS Scholarship

Application Process

We have an ERASMUS partnership with 3A Lyon and a certain number of exchange places per semester. You can apply for these places.

The ERASMUS application procedure is divided into two steps: 

Step 1: Application to EBC University

You apply to us for a place at university and for the ERASMUS scholarship. Please register at the International Office and hand in the following documents:

  • Letter of motivation in English (one page maximum); include up to two alternative ERASMUS partners in the last paragraph of your cover letter, in which you would be interested if we had to cancel your first request.
  • Performance record of the EBC University (via the virtual campus)

The best applications will be selected from all applicants of the EBC University, it counts academic achievements, language skills and the quality of your motivation letter, in which you show that you have dealt with your desired university.

We will inform the successful students by email and ask them to explicitly accept their place. If you accept the place, we will nominate you at the partner university and only then will you apply with the regular application documents for the university, see step 2.

If you have received a rejection, you will automatically be placed in the procedure for moving up to the alternative universities of your choice or we will endeavour to offer you an alternative. We will then send you an offer by email. Once you have accepted the offer, we will nominate you with the partner and only then will you apply to this university with the appropriate documents (see step 2 below).

Step 2: Application to 3A Lyon

After the EBC University has officially nominated you at the partner university, apply there. The application procedure differs from university to university. You will find out what you need to do shortly after your nomination from the host university. As a rule, you will receive a confirmation, but please note that the host university reserves the right to decide on your admission.

Application form for the 2nd step for the academic year 2018-2019 can be found here


Tuition fees

We have an ERASMUS partnership with this university. You can apply for an ERASMUS place (Attention - the number of ERASMUS places is limited).

For the participation in the ERASMUS program, an administration fee of 750,-€ is due. In this case, no further tuition fees will be charged at the ERASMUS university in which the student is enrolled.


Students who receive an ERASMUS grant can combine it with AuslandsBAföG.

The responsible BAföG office:

District Administration Mainz-Bingen

- Office for the Promotion of Education -

P.O. Box 13 55

55206 Ingelheim on the Rhine

Phone: 06132 / 787 - 0

Fax: 06132 / 787 - 3298

E-mail: kreisverwaltung@mainz-bingen.de

Cost of living:

You can find information on the cost of living in Lyon on the website


You must complete at least 20 ECTS successfully during the semester abroad for recognition at the EBC Hochschule.

Learning Agreement (LA)
Along with your application, you submit a Learning Agreement (LA) on which you enter courses or modules amounting to at least 20 ECTS credits that you would like to take. The International Office will send you the Erasmus Learning Agreement upon successful nomination at the partner institution.

The number of credits per course varies between countries and universities, so be sure to get precise information. The International Office and the Dean's Office will confirm your request and ask for corrections if necessary. The LA is the basis for the recognition of courses at the EBC Hochschule and has therefore binding force.

Transcript of Records (ToR)
Your Transcript of Records, the semester abroad, proves that you have successfully completed the course. You present the original transcript to the International Office after the semester abroad.

The average of your performances is converted according to the modified Bavarian formula. Hereby, 20 ECTS are recognised and are included in the overall grade of your studies.

For more information on the conversion, please click here.

(Status: 24.06.2016)



Citizens of EU member states do not need a visa to enter France. All other countries must apply for a visa before departure in order to enter France. You can apply for a visa at the French embassy or consulate in your home country.


You can obtain further information and visa requirements from the French embassy or consulate. We recommend an early application, as experience has shown that the handling time can be quite long and documents with a French translation may be required.


1-room apartment:
From 350 to 550 € anything is possible. It is important to inform yourself in time.

 Shared flats:


Health insurance:

You must have a valid health insurance policy. If you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you are covered also in France. However, to be sure, ask your health insurance company for details.

zurück zur Übersicht .
  • EBC Hochschule Instagram
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube

By continuing to use this website you are giving your consent to cookies being used. Further details.