Our Partner universities

University College Ghent, Belgium


The Hogeschool Gent (HoGent) is a university college in the Belgian region of Flanders with campuses in Ghent, Melle and Aalst and over 14,000 students.


Academic Year

The academic year of HoGent is divided into two semesters:
Autumn semester: end of September until the beginning of February
Spring semester: mid-February until the end of June

You can view the current academic calendar here.

suitable for:

International Business Management B.A.
International Business & Fashion Management B.A.

Language of education:



In the respective curriculum descriptions, you can see which examination achievements are required.


Here you will find a current overview of courses offered in the Business & Retail programme.

Here you will find further information about the faculty and the courses. 

Additional information

You can find all the information you need about travel, accommodation, insurance, visas, etc. in the Practical Guide for International Students.


Application Deadline:

Deadlines for submitting application documents to the International Office:

31/01 for the winter semester

31/05 for the summer semester

Please note that the deadlines vary between partner universities - it may take a while before you hear from the partner university.


Good knowledge of English (B2 level)

Application Process


We have an ERASMUS partnership with HoGent and a certain number of exchange places per semester. You can apply for these places.
The ERASMUS application procedure is divided into two steps: 

Step 1: Application to the EBC Hochschule
You apply to us for a place at university and for the ERASMUS scholarship. Please register at the International Office and hand in the following documents:

  • Letter of motivation in English (one page maximum); include up to two alternative ERASMUS partners in the last paragraph of your cover letter, in which you would be interested if we had to cancel your first request.
  • Performance record of the EBC Hochschule (via the virtual campus)

The best applications will be selected from all applicants of the EBC Hochschule, it includes academic achievements, language skills and the quality of your motivation letter, in which you show that you have dealt with your desired university.

We will inform the successful students by email and ask them to explicitly accept their place. If you accept the place, we will nominate you at the partner university and only then will you apply with the regular application documents for the university, see step 2.

If you have received a rejection, you will automatically be placed in the procedure for moving up to the alternative universities of your choice or we will endeavour to offer you an alternative. We will then send you an offer by email. Once you have accepted the offer, we will nominate you with the partner and only then will you apply to this university with the appropriate documents (see step 2 below).

Step 2: Application to HoGent
After the EBC Hochschule has nominated you at HoGent, apply online to be accepted as a guest student at the university.


(Status: 26.04.2018, VvH)


Tuition fees
We have an ERASMUS partnership with this university. You can apply for an ERASMUS place (Attention - the number of ERASMUS places is limited).

For the participation in the ERASMUS program, an administration fee of 750,-€ is due. In this case, no further tuition fees will be charged at the ERASMUS university in which the student is enrolled.

Students who receive an ERASMUS grant can combine it with AuslandsBAföG. On the one hand, the usual BAföG conditions apply. Each Studentenwerk processes applications for a country or region; the Studentenwerk Köln is responsible for Belgium.

District Government of Cologne
Dezernat 49
50606 Cologne (central postal address)
Phone: 0221 / 147 - 4990
Fax: 0221 / 147 - 4950
E-mail: auslandsbafoegbezreg-koeln.nrw.de


At least 20 ECTS must be completed successfully during the semester abroad for recognition at the EBC Hochschule.

Learning Agreement (LA)
Along with your application, you submit a Learning Agreement (LA) on which you enter courses or modules worth at least 20 ECTS that you would like to take. The number of credits per course varies between countries and universities, so make sure you get accurate information. The International Office will confirm your selection and ask for corrections if necessary. The LA forms the basis for the recognition of courses at the EBC Hochschule and has binding force.

Transcript of Records (ToR)
Your Transcript of Records, the semester abroad, proves that you have successfully completed the course. You present the original transcript to the International Office after the semester abroad.

The average of your achievements is converted according to the modified Bavarian formula. 20 ECTS are hereby recognized and are included in the overall grade of your studies.

Please click here for further information on the conversion.



The following information is subject to change, as visa requirements may change. Before applying for a visa, be sure to visit the website of the Belgian embassy and find out about the exact and current conditions!

Citizens of EU member countries do not need a visa to enter Belgium.
All other countries must apply for a visa before departure in order to enter Belgium. You can apply for a visa at the Belgian embassy or consulate in your home country.

(Status: 16.03.2016)


Here you will find information about living.




As an international student, you must have a valid health insurance certificate. If you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you are covered also in Belgium. However, to be sure, ask your health insurance company for further details.

Further information about insurance can be found here .

zurück zur Übersicht .
  • EBC Hochschule Instagram
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube

By continuing to use this website you are giving your consent to cookies being used. Further details.