Our Partner universities

University of East London, United Kingdom


The University of East London (UEL) is a large state university in London. The facilities are located in Stratford, Barking and the Docklands directly on the Royal Albert Dock. The university is considered modern and has many international collaborations. In 2011, approximately 28,000 students were registered. The university has had its status as such only since 1992, after technical colleges were raised to the rank of a university by a legislative change.


Academic Year

Autumn Semester: September - January

Spring Semester: February - June

For 2020: 20.01.-06.05.2020

suitable for:

International Business Management B.A.
Tourism & Event Management B.A.
International Business & Fashion Management B.A.

Language of education:



The type of assessment will be communicated at the beginning of the semester. These may include homework, participation, attendance, oral or written examinations. 


The UEL offers the following schools:

  • Business and Law
  • Arts and Digital Industries
  • Education and Communities 
  • Psychology
  • Social Sciences
  • Architecture
  • Computing and Engineering
  • Health
  • Sport and Bioscience

30 UK credits are 15 ECTS.

Further information on the courses can be found here.




Application Deadline:

Deadlines for submitting application documents to the International Office:

31/01 for the winter semester

31/05 for the summer semester

Please note that the deadlines vary between partner universities - it may take a while before you hear from the partner university.


To study at East London you must have a very good knowledge of English in order to be able to follow the lectures.

Application Process

The EBC has an Erasmus partnership with the University of East-London. If you are interested, please register with the International Office by the deadlines first and submit your proof of performance and a letter of motivation. The EBC will then take care of the further procedure and forward your documents to the partner university.

You will probably need the following documents to study at the university:

  • Application form
  • 1-page motivation letter in English
  • 2 passport photos
  • Copy of identity card/passport
  • Performance record of the EBC University
  • Learning Agreement
  • Evidence of the English language

All documents must be available in two copies! 

Please submit your application to the International Office of the EBC University!


Tuition fees
4950£ / semester (approx. 6.200 € as of November 2012)

Cost of living
Expect £1,000 (~1,200 €) for the monthly cost of living in London (including accommodation).


Learning Agreement
Along with your application, you submit a Learning Agreement (LA) on which you enter courses or modules amounting to at least 20 ECTS which you would like to take (24 ECTS IBFM). In Europe, the number and credit value of the courses varies, so make sure you get precise information. In the UK, the academic system is similar to that in North America, where there are fewer contact hours in the study system, which usually corresponds to 3-4 courses. The International Office and the Dean's Office will confirm your selection and ask for corrections if necessary. The LA is the basis for the recognition of courses at the EBC Hochschule and is therefore binding. In host countries whose national language is not taught at the EBC, you must attend a language course. Language courses, however, cannot be recognised within the 20 ECTS credits mentioned above. (24 ECTS IBFM)

Transcript of Records
Your Transcript of Records, the semester abroad, proves that you have successfully completed the course. The average of your achievements is converted according to the modified Bavarian formula. 20 ECTS are hereby recognised and are included in the overall grade of your studies (24 ECTS IBFM). At least 20 ECTS must be successfully completed during the semester abroad for recognition at the EBC Hochschule. (24 ECTS IBFM)



Students holding EU citizenship do not need a visa for the UK, but check with the UK Council for International Student Affairs as there are special regulations for Romanian and Bulgarian citizens. All other applicants must apply for a visa, even if they live in one of the EU countries. If you are staying in the UK for less than six months and do not want to work there, apply for a student visitor visa using the VAF1D form. You should then ask your host university for a "student visitor visa letter", which you should attach to your visa application.



The Residential Service of the University of East London offers you all kinds of information. Click here for the residential life guide.

Liberty Living 

The accommodations are modern, well furnished and affordable. There is a private bathroom and a kitchenette where you can cook. The apartments are centrally located so you can easily reach everything from there. Something special about Liberty Living is that you can plan short and long stays. The minimum length of a stay is one week. In addition, there are great offers of multifunctional apartments for every budget. Apartments start at around £30 per day.

Liberty Living is not only available in London, but in many other cities in the UK. More information can be found on the website.


Health Insurance

As you will be studying in the UK for less than 6 months, you should have a German health insurance policy because you can only use the National Health Service (NHS) to a limited extent. For instance, ask your health insurance company about supplementary insurance. Expect to pay treatment costs in cash first and then submit the bill to your health insurance company.

zurück zur Übersicht .
  • EBC Hochschule Instagram
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube

By continuing to use this website you are giving your consent to cookies being used. Further details.