Our Partner universities

University of South-Eastern Norway, Norway


High up in the north for European studies - it is possible. Norway and its fjords impress with wonderful nature, but also with a high standard of living, because Norway is a wealthy country, especially because of its oil richness.

The University College of Southeast Norway (USN) is Norway's second largest state university. With approximately 17,000 students spread over eight locations (Drammen, Vestfold, Kongsberg, Ringerike, Bø, Notodden, Porsgrunn and Rauland), the USN offers bachelor-level semester programs. Very committed professors and lecturers, exciting lectures, modern, beautiful campus - with sauna landscape.

The USN was founded on January 1st, 2016, when Buskerud & Vestfold University College and Telemark University College merged.


Academic Year

The academic year at the USN is divided into two semesters. 

Autumn semester: mid-August - end of December, exams are in December

Spring Semester: Beginning of January - beginning of June, exams are in May and June. 

Please note that some English programmes will start later in the Spring Semester: They usually start between January 3rd and February 1st. Please check your letter of admission for the final details of your studies.

suitable for:

International Business Management B.A.
Tourism & Event Management B.A.

Language of education:



At the beginning of the semester, you can find out what your final grade is made up of in the respective courses or in advance in the course descriptions. 


Here you will find all programmes that are currently offered in English. The following programs are suitable for you:

Within each program you will then find individual courses and more detailed information, e.g. when the programme will be offered.

Additional information


Oslo Fjord has three different airports.

  • Oslo Airport (OSL) is the largest airport and is located in Gardermoen, in the north of Oslo and only about 25 minutes by Airport Express from Oslo's central city centre.
  • Sandefjord Airport Torp is located in the west of the Oslo Fjord, about 1, 5 hours by public transport from Oslo.
  • Moss Airport Rygge is located in the east of the Oslo Fjord and is therefore approx. 1h away from Oslo by public transport. You can take the direct bus to the Oslo Bus Terminal, which is right next to the Oslo Central Station. Alternatively there are trains from Rygge Train Station to Oslo Central Station.

You can find out how to get to your specific campus here

(Status: 21.03.2016)


Application Deadline:

Deadlines for submitting application documents to the International Office:

31/01 for the winter semester

31/05 for the summer semester

Please note that the deadlines vary between partner universities - it may take a while before you hear from the partner university.


  • Good knowledge of English, at least B2 level.

Application Process

We have an ERASMUS partnership with the USN and a certain number of exchange places per semester. You can apply for these places.

The ERASMUS application procedure is divided into two steps: 

Step 1: Application to the EBC University

You apply to us for a place at university and for the ERASMUS scholarship. Please register at the International Office and hand in the following documents:

  • Letter of motivation in English (one page maximum); include up to two alternative ERASMUS partners in the last paragraph of your cover letter, in which you would be interested if we had to cancel your first request.
  • Performance record of the EBC University (via the virtual campus)

The best applications will be selected from all applicants of the EBC University, it counts academic achievements, language skills and the quality of your motivation letter, in which you show that you have dealt with your desired university.

We will inform the successful students by email and ask them to explicitly accept their place. If you accept the place, we will nominate you at the partner university and only then will you apply with the regular application documents for the university, see step 2.

If you have received a rejection, you will automatically be placed in the procedure for moving up to the alternative universities of your choice or we will try to offer you an alternative. We will then send you an offer by email. Once you have accepted the offer, we will nominate you with the partner and only then will you apply to this university with the appropriate documents (see step 2 below).

Step 2: Application to the USN

The EBC University will nominate you if your application is successful at the USN. After we have received the decision from the USN, we will inform you about it. The next step is the official application for a semester abroad at the USN. Please send the following documents by e-mail to internationalhbv.no .

  • Application form
  • Proof of performance at the EBC University (via the virtual campus or at the Examination Office)


The USN reserves the right to decide on admission.

Registration at the USN

You will receive further information about your registration on site. Please take care of this directly after your arrival at the host university. 

Under this link you will find the application steps and the relevant information.

(Status: 26.04.2018, VvH)


Tuition fees

We have an ERASMUS partnership with this university. You can apply for an ERASMUS place (Attention - the number of ERASMUS places is limited).

For the participation in the ERASMUS programme, an administration fee of 750,-€ is due. In this case, no further tuition fees will be charged at the ERASMUS university in which the student is enrolled.

Cost of living

The average cost of living in Norway is slightly higher than in Germany. Due to the high cost of consumer goods, the monthly amount that a student abroad has to pay varies a lot. Consumer behaviour is therefore very important. Experience reports show that you have to be prepared for a monthly amount between € 750 and € 1,550, depending on your spending habits.


Students who receive an ERASMUS grant can combine it with a foreign BAföG. Each Studentenwerk processes applications for a country or region; the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein is responsible for Norway.

Westring 385

24118 Kiel

Phone: 0431 8816-0

Fax: 0431 805416


(Status: 28.11.2018)


Learning Agreement

Along with your application, you submit a Learning Agreement (LA) on which you enter courses or modules amounting to at least 20 ECTS credits that you would like to take. 

The Erasmus Learning Agreement will be sent to you by the International Office upon successful nomination at the partner university.

The International Office and the Dean's Office will confirm your selection and ask for corrections if necessary. The LA is the basis for the recognition of the courses at the EBC University and is therefore binding. 

Transcript of Records

Your Transcript of Records, the semester abroad, proves that you have successfully completed the course. The average of your achievements is converted according to the modified Bavarian formula. 20 ECTS are hereby recognised and are included in the overall grade of your studies. 

(Status: 21.03.2016)



The following information is subject to change, as visa requirements may change. Before applying for a visa, be sure to visit the website of the competent authority and inform yourself about the exact and current conditions!

Students from an EU member state do not need a visa to study in Norway. 

However, if your studies take longer than three months, you must register online at UDI.no at the beginning of the semester. You will also need to go to the nearest police station to identify yourself and present documents relevant to your stay:

  • Letter of admission
  • Proof of insurance/European health card
  • Passport/ID card
  • Your Norwegian address
  • Financing proof (one statement from you is enough, no bank transcript or deposit confirmation)

(Status: 21.03.2016)


All campuses offer accommodation for international students. The Student Welfare Foundation in Southeast Norway (SSN) is responsible for this.

To apply for accommodation, you must complete the following steps:

  • Submit an online application to SSN. First, you have to  register and create an account before you can apply. When applying, you must provide your contact details and the accommodation you want.
  • After submitting your application, you need to send your housing application number to internationalusn.no 
  • Stay up to date by regularly reading the latest information about your accommodation on your SSN account.

Each accommodation has cable TV and internet access, some with WiFi connections. Some buildings have a living room, laundry room, etc. All accommodations are furnished, but do not provide bed linen or kitchen utensils.


Application deadline for accommodation in Fall Semester: May 1st

Application deadline for accommodation in Spring Semester: November 1st

(Status: 21.03.2016)


As in Germany, students are required to take out insurance in Norway. In order to enrol at the USN you have to prove that you have health insurance. It is therefore particularly important to find out about the various options at an early stage in order to avoid problems due to a lack of insurance. There are several options for health insurance in Norway.

Statutory insurance

If you are legally insured in Germany, you may also be able to use this insurance in Norway as sufficient protection. The reason for this is the social security agreement between the countries of the European Union and a few others. This agreement regulates insurance cover within these countries. By belonging to the statutory health insurance, you can also belong to the corresponding health insurance in Norway. However, this does not apply without restrictions, sometimes there are limited payments, increased own contributions or other special clauses, which are due to the events in the other country. You get the benefits, the insurance there and they can differ from the German ones. In order not to get into a trap, everything should be discussed with the German insurance company beforehand. Questions you should ask are

  • Is there a time limit? Does the protection expire after a few months abroad and how can this be avoided, e.g. by travelling to the home country?
  • What benefits are included? For example, is medical repatriation or other major medical treatment taken care of?
  • How high is the contribution abroad?
  • How does the temporary re-registration for the new health insurance abroad work?

Usually you also need a so-called "proof of entitlement" from the German insurance company and must register with the Norwegian health insurance company. The respective confirmation is issued by the German insurance company; normally you can ask for forms E-111 or E-128 or explain your own situation and request proof of entitlement for the respective country.

The German health insurance company will also tell you which insurance to apply for in Norway, or you can ask the responsible person at the university, the staff of the International Office or ERASMUS staff usually also know.

It is possible that the local payment method is similar to that of a private health insurance, i.e. you may have to pay for medical treatment, visits to the doctor and medication from your own pocket first and then get these reimbursed later by the insurance company.

Private insurance

The second option is private insurance. If you are privately insured in Germany, you should clarify with your health insurance company whether and for how long you are insured abroad, what insurance cover exists and which benefits are covered. Depending on the previous insurance rates, you are already covered or have to pay additional premiums.

If you have problems with your own private or statutory insurance and are unsure about the amount of contributions and benefits, you can also find out about other private insurances.

Mawista is a specialist for international health insurance for students, and also offers rates for language students, visiting scientists and scholarship holders. The insurances are specially tailored to the situation and needs of students abroad and include all relevant services. For example, a return transport to the home country is also necessary, as up to 100,000 euros could be required in an emergency. A sum that a student cannot afford.

The Mawista travel insurance offers the possibility to compare the different types of insurance and with Mawista Reisecare you can easily apply for the appropriate rate online.

(Status: 21.03.2016)

zurück zur Übersicht .
  • EBC Hochschule Instagram
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube

By continuing to use this website you are giving your consent to cookies being used. Further details.