Our Partner universities

Universitat de Barcelona, Spain


Studying in Barcelona!

The Universitat de Barcelona is not only one of the oldest existing universities in Spain (founded in 1450) but, with about 87,000 students, also larger than all German universities. So it is obvious that the student life at the Universitat de Barcelona cannot be compared to that at the EBC University. However, according to the QS ranking 2011 and others, it is still the best (!) university in Spain. A high degree of personal responsibility, dedication and initiative is expected from you.


Academic Year

Fall Semester: Mid-September - Beginning of January

Spring Semester: Beginning of February - End of June

suitable for:

International Business Management B.A.
Tourism & Event Management B.A.
Business Psychology B.Sc.

Language of education:



Attendance; final examination; group work.


Courses are generally taught in Spanish. There are English language courses, but in limited numbers and they may overlap. Students do not have to know Spanish, but it is strongly recommended as there is no guarantee that there will be enough English courses. Students are also encouraged to take a mix of Spanish and English courses.

Fall Semester

B- 363665 Accounting II

B- 363668 Spanish Economic Environment

B- 363727 Quality Management

B- 363708 International Trade Techniques

E- 361819 Public Sector Economics

E- 361834 International Economic Organization

E- 361842 Econometrics I

E- 361846 Microeconomics III

E- 361840 Tax System I

E- 361853 History of Economic Thought

S- 360924 Urban Sociology

Second term

B- 363648 Statistics II 

B- 363660 Principles of Marketing B- 363661 Human Resources

B- 363670 Commercial Law

B- 363707 European Integration 

E- 361850 Macroeconomics III 

E- 361839 Regional and Local Finance 

E- 361868 Game Theory 

E- 361843 Econometrics II 

S- 360931 Sociological Theory II 

S- 360903 Social Conflicts and Problems

Tips for classes

Spanish universities mainly offer face-to-face teaching: The professor speaks, the students write actively. So practice taking notes in Spanish, which is easier than translating it into German. Examinations are usually written assignments, but there are also multiple-choice tests. During the exams students are not allowed to leave the room (WC, etc.).


Application Deadline:

Deadlines for submitting application documents to the International Office:

31/01 for the winter semester

31/05 for the summer semester

Please note that the deadlines vary between partner universities - it may take a while before you hear from the partner university.


Based on your grades, your letter of motivation and your language skills, the International Office will decide on your nomination at our partner universities. Once the nomination has been made, you will receive information on the online application procedure.

Application Process

We have an ERASMUS partnership with the Universitat de Barcelona and a certain number of exchange places per semester. You can apply for these places.

The ERASMUS application procedure consists of two steps: 

Step 1: Application to the EBC University

You apply to us for a place at university and for the ERASMUS scholarship. Please register at the International Office and hand in the following documents:

  • Letter of motivation in English (maximum one page); include up to two alternative ERASMUS partners in the last paragraph of your cover letter, in which you would be interested if we had to cancel your first request.
  • Performance record of the EBC University (via the virtual campus)

The best applications will be selected from all applicants of the EBC University, it counts academic achievements, language skills and the quality of your motivation letter, in which you show that you have dealt with your desired university.

We will inform the successful students by email and ask them to explicitly accept their place. If you accept the place, we will nominate you at the partner university and only then will you apply with the regular application documents for the university, see step 2.

If you have received a rejection, you will automatically be placed in the procedure for moving up to the alternative universities of your choice or we will endeavour to offer you an alternative. We will then send you an offer by email. Once you have accepted the offer, we will nominate you with the partner and only then will you apply to this university with the appropriate documents (see step 2 below).

Step 2: Application to the Universitat de Barcelona

After the EBC University has nominated you at the Universitat de Barcelona, apply to the host university. Please submit the following documents to the International Office:

The host university also reserves the right to decide on admission. You will receive further information about your enrolment after your admission from the Universitat de Barcelona or locally.

(Status: 26.04.2018, VvH)


Tuition fees

We have an ERASMUS partnership with this university. You can apply for an ERASMUS place (Attention - the number of ERASMUS places is limited).

For the participation in the ERASMUS programme an administration fee of 750,-€ is due. In this case, no further tuition fees will be charged at the ERASMUS university in which the student is enrolled.

Cost of living

Living costs in Barcelona are higher than in other parts of Spain. For rent, heating, electricity, food and transport you should expect about €1000 per month.


Students who receive an ERASMUS grant can combine it with a AuslandsBAföG. Each region processes the applications for a country or region; the Studierendenwerk Heidelberg is responsible for Spain.

Office for Ausbildungsförderung

Marstallhof 1

69117 Heidelberg


Hotline: +49 6221 54-5404 (Mon - Fri 8.00 - 18.00)

E-mail: foestw.uni-heidelberg.de

Fax: +49 6221 54-3524 Scholarships

(Status: October 2018)


Learning Agreement (LA) 
Along with your application, you submit a Learning Agreement (LA) on which you enter courses or modules amounting to at least 20 ECTS credits that you would like to take. 

Transcript of Records 
Your Transcript of Records, the semester abroad, proves that you have successfully completed the course. The average of your achievements is converted according to the modified Bavarian formula. 20 ECTS are hereby recognised and are included in the overall grade of your studies.



The following information is subject to change, as visa requirements may change. Before applying for a visa, be sure to visit the website of the Spanish authorities responsible and find out about the exact and current conditions!

Citizens of EU member states do not need a visa to enter Spain. All other countries must apply for a visa before departure in order to enter Spain. This can be applied for at the Spanish Embassy or Consulate of your home country.

For citizens of countries outside the European Union, there are different types of residence permits, which mainly differ according to the purpose and duration of entry. For example, a tourist visa cannot easily be converted into a student visa. It is also forbidden to stay in Spain on a tourist visa and study in Spain at the same time.

We recommend an early application, as experience has shown that the processing time can be quite long and documents with Spanish translation may be required.

(Status: 13.06.2016)


The Universitat de Barcelona offers student accommodation: At the moment there is no information about prices. The Viure i Conviure programme offers students the opportunity to stay with older people in the immediate surrounding of the campus. In exchange, you will have to keep your hosts company and possibly help out with simple questions.

The Lloguer solidarity program offers students the opportunity to rent a free room from families and households and can be cheaper than looking for accommodation in Barcelona on your own. More information can be found on the website.

The average price for shared rooms in Barcelona is currently around 330 euros all inclusive. (Source: studenten-wg.de)

You can find more interesting tips here.

Tips for finding accommodation for former students or interns in Spain:


You must have valid health insurance. If you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you are also covered in Spain. However, to be on the safe side, check with your health insurance company for details.

zurück zur Übersicht .
  • EBC Hochschule Instagram
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube

By continuing to use this website you are giving your consent to cookies being used. Further details.