Our Partner universities

Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain


Studying in the capital of Spain 

Rey Juan Carlos is the youngest public university in Madrid and has nearly 30,000 students. So you have to think in other dimensions when planning your everyday student life than at the EBC University - there is a fairly wide range of courses to choose from. We point out that the URJC is a larger university; administrative processes can take longer and are more complex; this can also be reflected in the availability of contacts and services. The campsites you are interested in are located in the south and southwest of the city and are easily accessible by public transport. In order to study at the URJC, you must apply for an ERASMUS place. If there are more applicants than promised places, admission will be decided on the basis of your academic profile.


Academic Year

  • 1st semester: September to January  
  • 2nd semester: January to May

Semester dates 2019: 16/01/2019 - 18/05/2019

The exams are taken between 06/05 - 18/05/2019.

suitable for:

International Business Management B.A.
Tourism & Event Management B.A.
Business Psychology B.Sc.

Language of education:



Attendance, homework, final exams.


There are 4 ERASMUS places in total (2 per semester).

Tourism & Event Management

Campus Fuenlabrada 

Campus Vicálvaro (bilingual)

International Business Management ≈ BA Business Management & Administration

Campus Vicálvaro (bilingual) 

Móstoles Campus 

Campus Fuenlabrada 

Communication & Media Management 

depending on course offer and interest see BA Business Management & Administration or BA Tourism  

Others on application to the Dean' s Office (BEP and BP possible if URJC approves).  

Possible courses 

Tourism and Leisure Psychology 

Territorial Touristic Resources 

Cultural Heritage 

Corporate Organization and Management

The Global Economy 

Spanish Economy 

Corporate sociology 

Marketing Management 

Strategic Management and Corporate Policy 

Structure of Communication 

Theory of Communication 

Fundamentals of Journalism 

Fundamentals of Public Relations  

If you attend English language courses, participation in a Spanish course is compulsory.

Language course: 2-week free intensive language course two weeks before the start of the semester.

Here you can find the current course list and here the academic programme.

Other information

ERASMUS Network of URJC Students

There is a very active initiative offering assistance to visiting students in all areas. This starts with academic questions, but also tips on living etc. The network also organises excursions and much more.

Tips for teaching

Spanish universities mainly offer face-to-face teaching: The professor speaks, students take notes actively. So practice taking notes in Spanish, it's easier than translating it into German. Examinations are usually multiple choice tests, but there are also tests with written assignments. Important: You are not allowed to go to the toilet during exams!


Application Deadline:

Fristen für die Abgabe der Bewerbungsunterlagen im International Office:

31.01. für das Wintersemester

31.05. für das Sommersemester

Bitte beachten Sie, dass die Fristen der einzelnen Partneruniversitäten unterschiedlich sind - es kann lange dauern, bis Sie von der Partneruniversität etwas hören.


Based on your grades, your letter of motivation and your language skills, the International Office will decide on your nomination at our partner university. Once you have been nominated, you will receive information on the online application procedure.

Application Process

We have an ERASMUS partnership with the URJC and a certain number of exchange places per semester. You can apply for these places.

The ERASMUS application procedure is divided into two steps:

Step 1: Application to the EBC University

You apply to us for a place at university and for the ERASMUS scholarship. Please register at the International Office and hand in the following documents:

  • Letter of motivation in English (maximum one page); include up to two alternative ERASMUS partners in the last paragraph of your cover letter, in which you would be interested if we had to cancel your first request.
  • Performance record of the EBC University (via the virtual campus)

The best applications will be selected from all applicants of the EBC University, it counts academic achievements, language skills and the quality of your motivation letter, in which you show that you have dealt with your desired university.

We will inform the successful students by email and ask them to explicitly accept their place. If you accept the place, we will nominate you at the partner university and only then will you apply with the regular application documents for the university, see step 2.

If you have received a rejection, you will automatically be placed in the procedure for moving up to the alternative universities of your choice or we will try to offer you an alternative. We will then send you an offer by email. Once you have accepted the offer, we will nominate you with the partner and only then will you apply to this university with the appropriate documents (see step 2 below).

Step 2: Application to the URJC 

After the EBC University has nominated you to the URJC and you have received an e-mail from the URJC accepting the nomination, you must apply to the host university. You will probably need the following documents:

The host university also reserves the right to decide on admission. You will receive further information on your matriculation from the URJC or on location after your admission.

(Status: 26.04.2018, VvH)


Tuition fees

We have an ERASMUS partnership with this university. You can apply for an ERASMUS place (Attention - the number of ERASMUS places is limited).

For the participation in the ERASMUS programme an administration fee of 750,-€ is due. In this case, no further tuition fees will be charged at the ERASMUS university in which the student is enrolled.

Cost of living

Cost of living in Madrid is higher than in other parts of Spain. For rent, heating, electricity, food and transport you should expect about €700 per month.


Students who receive an ERASMUS grant can combine it with a AuslandsBAföG. Each region processes the applications for a country or region; the Studierendenwerk Heidelberg is responsible for Spain.

Office for Ausbildungsförderung

Marstallhof 1

69117 Heidelberg

Hotline: +49 6221 54-5404 (Mon - Fri 8.00 - 18.00)

E-mail: foestw.uni-heidelberg.de

Fax: +49 6221 54-3524

(Status: October 2018)


Learning Agreement

Along with your application, you submit a Learning Agreement (LA) on which you enter courses or modules amounting to 20 ECTS credits that you would like to take. The International Office will confirm your selection or ask you for corrections if necessary. No later than 14 days after your arrival at the URJC, you will receive the final LA, i.e. the list of courses you will actually take; the document must be signed by you and the URJC. The LA is the basis for the recognition of the courses at the EBC University and necessary for the payment of the first ERASMUS payment.

Transcript of Records

As soon as the International Office has received your Transcript of Records and you have successfully completed courses/modules worth 20 ECTS, the International Office will convert the average of your achievements according to the modified Bavarian formula and inform the Examination Office. A Spanish course can be recognized.



The following information is subject to change, as visa requirements may change. Before applying for a visa, be sure to visit the website of the competent Spanish authority and find out about the exact and current conditions!

Citizens of EU member states do not need a visa to enter Spain. All other countries must apply for a visa before departure in order to enter Spain. This can be applied for at the Spanish Embassy or Consulate of your home country.

For citizens of countries outside the European Union, there are different types of residence permits, which mainly differ according to the purpose and duration of entry. For example, a tourist visa cannot easily be converted into a student visa. It is also forbidden to stay in Spain on a tourist visa and study in Spain at the same time.

We recommend an early application, as experience has shown that the processing time can be quite long and documents with Spanish translation may be required.

(Status: 13.06.2016)


For all information about accommodation during your studies abroad, please read the URJC's information.


Here you will find information about the Residencia Universitaria José Pérez de Vargas on the Vicálvaro Campus.


In Madrid it is not difficult to find a room or an apartment. The URJC recommends that you come to Madrid before the start of the course, e.g. for the intensive course, and stay in a hotel first. From there you can search for a room. The rent for a room in a shared flat ("piso compartido") ranges between €250 and €350 per month; a one-month deposit is often required.

Tips for finding accommodation for former students or interns in Spain:


You must have valid health insurance. If you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you are also covered in Spain. However, to be sure, ask your health insurance company for details.

zurück zur Übersicht .
  • EBC Hochschule Instagram
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube

By continuing to use this website you are giving your consent to cookies being used. Further details.