Our Partner universities

Universidad Autónoma Madrid, Spain


Study in the capital of Spain with ERASMUS!

The Autónoma de Madrid is one of the oldest and most famous universities in Madrid and has almost 30,450 students. So you have to think differently when planning your everyday study life compared to the EBC University - there is a wide range of courses available.

We would like to point out that the UAM is a larger university; administrative processes sometimes take longer and are more complex. This is sometimes reflected in the availability of contacts and services.

The campsites you are interested in are located in the north of the city and are easily accessible by public transport. In order to study at UAM, you must apply for an ERASMUS place. If there are more applicants than promised places, admission will be decided on the basis of your academic profile.

Further information about studying abroad at UAM can be found here and here.


Academic Year

Winter Semester: Beginning of September - End of January

Summer semester: End of January - beginning of June

suitable for:

Tourism & Event Management B.A.
International Business Management B.A.

Language of education:



Attendance, homework, final exams.


Here you can find the courses offered at Campus Cantoblanco, Facultad de económicas.

It is possible to attend a Spanish course at UAM. Here you will find all the information you need.

ERASMUS Network of UAM Students

There is a very active initiative offering assistance to visiting students in all areas. They also have a coaching and mentoring programme with Spanish students. Starting with academic questions, but also tips on living etc. The network also organizes excursions, orientation sessions and so on.

Tips for lessons

Spanish universities mainly offer face-to-face teaching: The professor speaks, students write actively. So practice taking notes in Spanish, which is easier than translating it into German.

Examinations are usually written assignments, but there are also multiple-choice tests. During the exams students are usually not allowed to leave the room (WC, etc...).


Application Deadline:

Deadlines for submitting application documents to the International Office:

31/01 for the winter semester

31/05 for the summer semester

Please note that the deadlines vary between partner universities - it may take a while before you hear from the partner university.


Based on your grades, your letter of motivation and your language skills, the International Office will decide on your nomination at our partner university. Once you have been nominated, you will receive information on the online application procedure.

Application Process

We have an ERASMUS partnership with UAM and a certain number of exchange places per semester. You can apply for these places.

The ERASMUS application procedure is divided into two sections: 

Step 1: Application to the EBC University

You apply to us for a place at university and for the ERASMUS scholarship. Please register at the International Office and hand in the following documents:

  • Letter of motivation in English (one page maximum); include up to two alternative ERASMUS partners in the last paragraph of your cover letter, in which you would be interested if we had to cancel your first request.
  • Performance record of the EBC University (via the virtual campus)

The best applications will be selected from all applicants of the EBC University, it counts academic achievements, language skills and the quality of your motivation letter, in which you show that you have dealt with your desired university.

We will inform the successful students by email and ask them to explicitly accept their place. If you accept the place, we will nominate you at the partner university and only then will you apply with the regular application documents for the university, see step 2.

If you have received a rejection, you will automatically be placed in the procedure for moving up to the alternative universities of your choice or we will try to offer you an alternative. We will then send you an offer by email. Once you have accepted the offer, we will nominate you with the partner and only then will you apply to this university with the appropriate documents (see step 2 below).

After the EBC University has nominated you at the UAM, apply at the host university.

The registration procedure differs from university to university. You will find out what you have to do soon after your nomination. 

The host university also reserves the right to decide on admission. You will receive further information on your matriculation directly from the UAM after your admission.


(Status: 26.04.2018, VvH)


Tuition fees

We have an ERASMUS partnership with this university. You can apply for an ERASMUS place (Attention - the number of ERASMUS places is limited).

For the participation in the ERASMUS programme, an administration fee of 750,-€ is due. In this case, no further tuition fees will be charged at the ERASMUS university in which the student is enrolled.

Cost of living

Cost of living in Madrid is higher than in other parts of Spain. For rent, heating, electricity, food and transport you should expect about €700 per month.


Students who receive an ERASMUS grant can combine it with AuslandsBAföG.

Each region processes the applications for a country or region; the Studierendenwerk Heidelberg is responsible for Spain.

Office for Ausbildungsförderung

Marstallhof 1

69117 Heidelberg


Hotline: +49 6221 54-5404 (Mon-Fri from 8:00-18:00)

E-mail: foestw.uni-heidelberg.de

Fax: +49 6221 54-3524 Scholarships


(Status: October 2018)


Learning Agreement

Together with your application, you submit a Learning Agreement (LA) on which you enter courses or modules of at least 20 ECTS which you would like to take. In Europe, the number and credit value of the courses varies, so make sure you get precise information. The International Office and the Dean's Office will confirm your selection and ask for corrections if necessary. The LA is the basis for the recognition of courses at the EBC University and is therefore binding. 

Transcript of Records

Your Transcript of Records, the semester abroad, proves that you have successfully completed the course. The average of your achievements is converted according to the modified Bavarian formula. 20 ECTS are hereby recognised and are included in the overall grade of your studies.



The following information is subject to change, as visa requirements may change. Before applying for a visa, be sure to visit the website of the responsible Spanish authority and find out about the exact and current conditions!

Citizens of EU member states do not need a visa to enter Spain. All other countries must apply for a visa before departure in order to enter Spain. This can be applied for at the Spanish Embassy or Consulate of your home country.

For citizens of countries outside the European Union, there are different types of residence permits, which mainly differ according to the purpose and duration of entry. For example, a tourist visa cannot easily be converted into a student visa. It is also forbidden to stay in Spain on a tourist visa and study in Spain at the same time.

We recommend an early application, as experience has shown that the processing time can be quite long and documents with Spanish translation may be required.

( Status: 13.06.2016)


The UAM offers places in halls of residence "on" and "off" campus.

We would like to point out again that the campus is not located in the centre of Madrid, but that it is very well connected by public transport. The city centre of Madrid can be reached in about 20 minutes. The advantage of dormitories close to the campus is the short walk to the lessons. Here, one can plan approximately 5 minutes.

More information under this link.

If you do not want to take up a place in a dormitory, it is not difficult to find a room or an apartment in Madrid. The rent for a room in a shared flat ("piso compartido") ranges between €250 and €350 all inclusive per month; often a deposit of one month's rent is required,

Tips for finding accommodation for former students or interns in Spain:


You must have valid health insurance. If you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you are also insured in Spain. However, to be on the safe side, check with your health insurance company for details.

zurück zur Übersicht .
  • EBC Hochschule Instagram
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube

By continuing to use this website you are giving your consent to cookies being used. Further details.